starts Sunday, 9/18 and runs through Monday, 10/17.
How will this work?
- for 30 days, keep a food and exercise log.
- Earn 5 points for any workout that is 30 minutes or longer.
- Earn 10 points for each day of clean eating.
- Pay $30 to enter the competition. The person with the most points takes the money, honey.
- You can also pay $10 to Kristi to have your body fat measured before and after (optional).
What is considered clean eating? Glad you asked. Fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, meat, fish, and only WHOLE GRAIN carbs (think brown rice, quinoa, stovetop (not instant) oatmeal). Small amounts of dairy are ok. Nothing manufactured or out of a package like chips, popcorn, protein bars, goo, etc. Actually you can have dark chocolate (60% or more) and coconut sugar.
No white or fake sugar.
No alcohol. (see below)
Food logs will be kept daily and handed into Kristi weekly via email or in person. You can earn up to 300 points on the food journals.
Points are deducted when you go off course – minus 5 points for alcohol. Minus 5 points for sugar. These are the big two that bring you down. Any other cheats are minus 1 point.
Workouts will be logged also and for each workout that is 30 min. or longer, you will earn 5 points. Could you workout twice in a day? Sure. If you worked out once a day for 30 days, you would earn 150 points here. (You could actually earn more than 150 points…)
Can I mess up/indulge on food and still win? Of course. The idea is not that you eat perfectly, but in a way that you can sustain for life.
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/iphone is the tracker or you can hand-write and give/email to Kristi.
- Food logs must be handed in every Friday by 6pm to be counted for the competition.