Just in time. The average American gains 1-2 lbs from Halloween to New Year’s and never takes it off, it’s time.
ok, this time we are going to run this a little differently. You know what you need. A little kickstart, or a big ole kick in the booty. Clean eating to along with it. Workouts will be:
- Sunday, Oct.2 at 4:30pm
- Monday, Oct. 3 at 5:30am
- Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 5:30am
- Take Wednesday off or join me for cycle class at the YMCA or take a run/walk or yoga class.
- Thursday, Oct. 6 at 5:30am
- Friday, Oct. 7 at 5:30am
Interested in PM, but don’t see it listed? Send me an email or text, and we’ll see what we can arrange.
The thing I like(?) about early mornings: there are no excuses other than, “I wanted more sleep.” Literally. There aren’t any meetings, conference calls, no carpool, etc. to interrupt your workout. And then you are done for the day and energized. Love it.
Could this extend into a 10 day? Sure…
starts Sunday, 9/18 and runs through Monday, 10/17.
How will this work?
- for 30 days, keep a food and exercise log.
- Earn 5 points for any workout that is 30 minutes or longer.
- Earn 10 points for each day of clean eating.
- Pay $30 to enter the competition. The person with the most points takes the money, honey.
- You can also pay $10 to Kristi to have your body fat measured before and after (optional).
What is considered clean eating? Glad you asked. Fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds, meat, fish, and only WHOLE GRAIN carbs (think brown rice, quinoa, stovetop (not instant) oatmeal). Small amounts of dairy are ok. Nothing manufactured or out of a package like chips, popcorn, protein bars, goo, etc. Actually you can have dark chocolate (60% or more) and coconut sugar.
No white or fake sugar.
No alcohol. (see below)
Food logs will be kept daily and handed into Kristi weekly via email or in person. You can earn up to 300 points on the food journals.
Points are deducted when you go off course – minus 5 points for alcohol. Minus 5 points for sugar. These are the big two that bring you down. Any other cheats are minus 1 point.
Workouts will be logged also and for each workout that is 30 min. or longer, you will earn 5 points. Could you workout twice in a day? Sure. If you worked out once a day for 30 days, you would earn 150 points here. (You could actually earn more than 150 points…)
Can I mess up/indulge on food and still win? Of course. The idea is not that you eat perfectly, but in a way that you can sustain for life.
- Food logs must be handed in every Friday by 6pm to be counted for the competition.