To see what it will take you to maintain or lose weight along with the daily exercise or activities that you enjoy, click here.
Jillian Michaels also has some good resources on her page. Speaking of, I was reading her book, Slim for Life (2013), and came across some great reminders that I know have research studies by numerous universities to back them up (as opposed to “Jillian said…”).
Here are a few of the important ones, but you are going to have to read your labels!
- Don’t eat CHEMICAL CRAP. period. if you can’t pronouce it, then why are you putting it in your body?!
- no trans-fats (found in vegetable oil, margarine, fried food)
- no high-fructose corn syrup
- no artificial sweeteners (sucralose (or anything ending in -ose), aspartame, and saccharin) – found in diet drinks, diet foods, sugar-free gum.
- articificial colors (sadly, I’m trying to quit gummy bears)
- sodium nitrites and nitrates (found in hot dogs, bacon, lunch meat)
- growth hormones and antibiotics (check your milk and meats)
- MSG (chinese food?)
- pesticides (see next post on when organic matters and when it doesn’t.
Thanks, Vicki, for the recipe. Mmmm. These were great!
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic
Marinade 1.5 lbs of cut chicken in this for at least 30 min. Then make your kabobs and throw on the grill with whatever veggies you have or like. I used zuccini, vadalia onions, and red peppers.
I served it with roasted red potatoes.
Taken from NYC’s Chelsea Market – One Lucky Duck:
- 1 beet sliced
- twice as many pineapple as beets
- few slices of ginger
- 1 pear or green apple
- 2 cups almond milk
- optional: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
And I don’t even like beets, but I LOVE this!
Here are some great options for no sugar beverages. And smoothies, coffee, and/or tea.
This a.m. I threw into the blender :
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (About Time brand found on Amazon – sweetened only with Stevia)
- I handful of kale (no stem)
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1 handful of frozen pineapple
So very yummy. Try it, or share yours today. Put the leftovers in a mason jar in the fridge for later.
ok, so some of you have expressed that 10 days is too much, and others claim they need the full 10 days. So, this time around, there are gonna be a few changes:
1) you can choose 5 or 10 day over the week of July 27 and/or August 3. (so long as the times work for you).
2) the 10 day program will not run all weekend. You will have Saturday and Sunday as free days (from lifting weights), and have one free meal (probably Saturday night?) Instead, you will work out M-F and again M-F the next week. (In the past, we went all weekend long).
Lastly, I would like us to all try to eat Mediterranean style, rather than the hard-core Paleo. The longer I try this clean eating thing, the more I find I am in search of something long-term and sustainable. I have learned a lot from Paleo (and keep many recipes), but don’t ultimately feel that I will stick to it day in and out for years to come…thoughts on that? The Mediterranean style eating is the highest doctor-recommended nutrition plan out there. Google it…and get ready!
Week of July 27: M-F, offered at 6am or 8am.
Week of August 3: M-F, offered at 7:30am or 5:30pm.
So I’ve gotten off-track again. Not with workouts, (or I’d be certifiably crazy by now), but with food, etc. It’s SO EASY for it to happen. Then I was re-reading parts of The Animal Vegetable Miracle by Barbara Kingsolver. Here’s an excerpt.
When my generation of women walked away from the kitchen we were escorted down that path by aprofiteering industry that knew a tired, vunerable marketing target when they say saw it. “Hey, ladies, ” it said to us, “go ahead, get liberated. We’ll take care of dinner.” They threw open the door and we walked into a nutritional crisis and genuinely toxic food supply…But a devil of a bargain it has turned out to be in terms of daily life. We gave up the aroma of warm bread rising, the measured pace of nuturing routines, the creative task of molding our famlies’ tastes and zest for life; we received in exchange the minivan and the Lunchable…
Now I’m not against minivans, however, I love the message here. Are we eating out of packages or fresh, local food??? Time to get back on track…I need encouragement. Maybe you do too?
Next 5 or 10 day boot camp is July 27 week and/or August 3 week. More info to come. Save the dates.