under the Breakfast Ideas page to your left. Many of us struggle with breakfast. Most important meal of the day – your mama was right. Never underestimate a good breakfast. Research proves that students who eat breakfast get better grades and test better, so why would you even think of skipping it? check out some of the ideas and research some good juices or smoothies today that you can make in a blender. REAL FOOD. love it.
Love this! check out why we need to laugh more…
We really do need to laugh more often. Whether it is to keep us healthy or to establish an inviting atmosphere at home or at the office, taking lighthearted approach can reap great benefits.
From How to Treat and Prevent Cancer with Natural Medicine (2002), by Dr. Michael Murray.
Laugh Long and Often to Boost
Your Immune System
Laughter is without question the most powerful immune enhancer available. Recent medical research has also confirmed that laughter enhances the blood flow to the body’s extremities and improves cardiovascular function; plays an active part in the body’s release of endorphins and other natural mood-elevating and painkilling chemicals; and improves the transfer of oxygen and nutrients to internal organs. Here are seven tips to help you have more laughter in your life.
1. Learn to laugh at yourself. Recognize how funny some of your behavior really is – especially your shortcomings or mistakes. We…
View original post 234 more words
- coconut water
- almond milk/coconut milk
- herbal teas
- coffee (try to keep it to one cup a day)
- green juices
- milk (esp. pasteurized) Pasteurization destroys lots of the naturally occurring beneficial bacteria and vitamins in milk.
- soy milk (soy is full of the hormone estrogen and has been linked to thyroid problems)
- sports drinks
- fruit juice (contain lots of sugar and fructose)
- kombucha (bacteria and yeast mixed with sugar and water – not as detoxifying as you may think)
Want to read more on this and digestive health? Source: Gutbliss by Robyn Chutkan, M.D., FASGE, Founder of the Digestive Center for Women.